Thursday 12 September 2013

The Idiots We Call Politicians!



Disclaimer: I am a Jamaican!  I do not support any political party!
        If you ask me, “Put all a dem togedda an’ dem still doan mek 1”

So it’s all about building a Logistics Hub in Jamaica in time for the completion of the expansion of the Panama Canal.  But apart from the, who wants to invest and where the logistics hub is suppose to be housed, what really do we know about this project? 
What is a logistics hub according to the government?
Other than employment, what are the tremendous benefits being purported by the Ministers and PM alike?
Do we have trained Jamaican professionals who can take on the jobs to be created, from building to daily operation?
How much further in our empty pockets will the Jamaican people be asked to dip to match the $1.5 billion investment by the Chinese? 
Will the benefits outweigh the costs involved (social, environmental, economic, etc.?

But even with these questions answered, in 2013, are we still a nation that sacrifices our natural environment for so-called development?  
With so many intellectuals and scholars, can we not devise ways and means to develop our nation, while preserving the flora and fauna of this beautiful island? 
It can’t be a case where everyman from a foreign country in a suit can give us some money and we tek it and give him all that Jamaica has to offer.  Ridiculous!!!!

Queen Invisible goes to China for 5 days.  "Hear Ye, Hear Ye! I have graced the Chinese President with my kisses and came back with a bag of goodies.  $1.5 billion to be exact.  What an excellent job I"m doing!" 

Yes Madam PM I have invested in my country and I want to continue to do so.  It may not be $1.5 billion, but I am still entitled to my opinion and to express concern for the place I call home.  There are several acres of shoreline throughout this country that can be used for this development.  And yes Omar, if a only 2 lizard ova deh, we gonna turn away the Chinese.  Jamaica doesn't belong to the PNP and the current government, it belong to all a wi.  So we all will participate in this decision-making process. 
 
So I say to Mr. Transport and Works, Mr. Industry and Commerce and Queen Invisible, use the instrument in yuh head that God bless yuh wid nuh and wuk fi yuh pay!!!  There is a right and wrong way to do things. Always listen to the angel on your shoulder if he hasn’t gotten himself lost already over the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment